Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Classic Ten


I was recently in Inglewood, a strange town with very old buildings and a penchant for thrift stores. In one such store I spotted a few titles in hardcover, all in the same blue. I took three that I liked the look of to the counter. I asked the price. They were on sale, $10 for the whole set, all ten books. Much to my surprise and excitement I went and grabbed them all. They're now sitting by my bed and I've started with Huckleberry Finn.

The titles are: Selected Essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson, Robinson Crusoe, Gulliver's Travels, Treasury of Poems, The House of Seven Gables, Treasure Island, Alice in Wonderland, Pride and Prejudice, The Arabian Nights, and Huckleberry Finn, (just in case you were wondering).

1 comment:

  1. i am ultra jealous. cannot believe you got all of them for $10!!

    ReplyDelete